About the Website
Content management system: ver 2.5.4. upgraded from 2.5.3, 3 Apr 2012 (Free)
- RokStories ver 1.5 for Joomla 2.5 (£) - nice!
- RokPad: XHTML/HTML code content editor (£)
- RokAjax Search: Joomla! ajax based site-wide search (free); does not search the forum, or the trees
- RokTabs: ver 1.6 for Joomla 2.5 not yet used (free)
- RokFeatureTable: ver 1.2 for Joomla 2.5 not yet used (£)
- JCK Editor: JoomlaCK WYSIWYG content editor (free) - very good!
Fancy Bookmarks: sharing with Google+1, Facebook, Twitter etc (£)
- Fancy Bookmarks plug-in breaks XHTML validation so has been disabled, module has one very minor issue, see below.
- Simple Image Gallery Pro: for photo galleries (£)
- Kunena forum (free)
- Kunena discuss (free)
- Easy Calc Check Plus: ECC+: for Joomla registration using reCaptcha (free). I was getting so many forum spammers trying to register
The Next Generation (TNG) of Site Building ver 9.0.0 updated 11 Feb 2012. Previous ver 8.1.3, (£)
- Waiting, and hoping, for the single sign-on module from CMS Genealogy that bridges Joomla user registration and logins to TNG
- Firefox with Firebug plug-in
Known & Resolved Issues
Cost of sharing:
- "displayText" attribute is breaking XHTML; could disable Fancy Bookmarks module
Google+ badge "g:plus" tag is breaking XHTML validation - Resolved:
- used HTML5 compliant version without any "data-" attributes, works and passes XHTML validation
- Webtrees but it does not integrate with Joomla (free)
- Table JX looks promising (£). I need to create a MySQL table for my data. Will not be searchable by my Joomla website, only some of the data will be seens by search engines. Will not be searchable by TNG.
- Considered using a huge html page for approx. 82,000 records, but the CSV file is 20Mb - ouch!
- Considered using TNG as a master index of individuals, I'd need to create a GEDCOM of individuals but search results template may not show the results
- Issues: keeping details of the living out of the table